What We're Doing
With the growing concerns of travelers, we want to ensure all passengers and airport visitors that we are proactively working to reduce the potential risk of exposure within our terminal. Our janitorial staff
have always made cleanliness of our facility a priority and will continue to complete thorough cleanings, as well as more frequent attention to heavy touch points. Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority is staying
connected to state and federal partners as they monitor the virus and will update this page as changes happen. Our Stay Healthy, Fly Safe initiative includes the following safety measures:
- Thorough cleaning of high touchpoint surfaces in the terminal.
- Plexiglass barriers at the ticket counters.
- Hand sanitzer at gates and restrooms.
- Signage, floor markings, and spaced out seating to encourage social distancing.
- Airport staff are required to wear masks in the terminal.
Measures taken by Allegiant and TSA:
As of now, Allegiant continues operations while WestJet and Swoop have suspended service for the season. For any questions relating to flights, past or present, please contact your airline directly:
What You Can Do
We can all do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Passengers are encouraged to wear a mask, but a mask is not required in the terminal. Allegiant is providing all passengers a complimentary health and safety kit that includes a single-use face mask, disposable
non-latex gloves, and two sanitizing wipes.
- When picking up family and friends, park in the cell phone lot and wait until your passengers are curbside before picking them up.
- Don't enter the terminal unless your are a passenger.
For more information on COVID-19, steps you can take to prevent illness, and important updates, please visit the CDC's website or
the Maricopa County Health Department's website.
What You Need to Know
If you have an upcoming flight in or out of Gateway, please note the following:
- The Economy Lot is temporarily closed and shuttle service has been suspended. If you need to retrieve your vehicle, please call 480-988-7780 and Airport Operations will provide
you a ride to the Economy Lot. All new travelers will need to park in the Daily or Hourly Express Lots. Visit the Parking page for lot information and a map.
- The rental car companies have modified their hours of operation. The rental car counters will open at 7:00 AM every day and close after the last arriving flight each day except Tuesday when they
close at 9:00 PM. Please make your reservation in advance.
- Transportation companies including taxi, ride share, shuttle, and sedan may have limited or suspended service. Please contact providers directly for availability, advanced reservations, and safety requirements such as face
masks. Visit our Transportation page for a list of licensed transportation providers.
- Copper Plate Bar & Grill will have a limited opening for busy flight times only. All other food and beverage concessions are closed at this time.
- The Phoenix and Saguaro Mercantile are open. View more information on the Restaurants & Shops page.